This strategy is based around avoiding the mortar mechanic by getting on top of a very small building.
At least two players on the team use Smart Cover (Recharger) with high skillpower (53k). This will allow 100% uptime on the Smart Cover buff if one gets destroyed. The mortar will sometimes damage the players but they are protected with:
- High Toughness – allows you to survive bullets easier
- 2 set of Final Measure is helpful - +50% Exotic DMG resilience (works on mortars)
- 2 Smart Cover (Recharger) – 75% DMG reduction (53k skillpower)
- 2 First Aid (Overdose) – The over heal is very helpful
- 2 First Aid (Booster Shot) – for 15% DMG reduction
- 1 Pulse (Tactical Scanner) – more DMG for a faster clear time (58k skillpower)
- Triage Talent – Heal an ally with a skill to reduce skill cooldowns by 15%
- This works on multiple allies and allows everyone to get their heal off CD quickly
When you enter the incursion make your way along the back left side. Use a Survivor Link if the enemies start shooting at you and get on top of the building. Put down Smart Cover and kill some enemies. Once the shotgunners are dead have the player with the highest toughness leave and go carry fuses. Enemies tend to focus their attention on the players on the building and the fuse carrier can freely do their job. Players on the small house will be hit by mortars but they are survivable and you can heal through them.
*Note: Enemies continually respawn so focus on completing objectives quickly. Once you reach Columbus Circle you will be able to refill your ammo using the ammo boxes near the middle.
Recommended Abilities: Pulse, Smart Cover, Flashbang, First Aid
General Tips for any Strategy:
- Reach armor cap (75%) mitigation
- All 4 players should use some version of First Aid
- 2 players using Tactician 4-set is really strong
- Smartcover (53k skillpower cap)
- Pulse (58k skillpower cap)
- You cannot hide from the artillery like in Falcon Lost
- Have your team spread apart (but still in range of smartcover) around the middle
- Have a plan for shotgun spawns (flashbang/focus fire)
- Snipers can be ignored for a while if you position properly
- Stay in cover and deal with what’s in front of you
1. Plant bombs [0/2]
2. Activate laptop
3. Plug in fuses [0/2]
4. Activate laptop
5. Kill boss
6. Kill remaining enemies
Objective 1: Reach Columbus Circle
Breach the Blockade [0/2]
- Pick up the explosives pack
- Place the explosives on the blockade
Yellow enemies will spawn with a small yellow diamond above their head. When you kill these enemies they will drop the explosive packs which you can use to plant on the blockade.
Wave 1: kill enemies.
Wave 2: kill enemies, grab explosive pack 1, use explosive pack on container
Wave 3: kill enemies, dodge artillery
Wave 4: kill enemies, dodge artillery, grab explosive pack 2, use explosive pack on container
Objective 2: Deactivate the Helicopter’s Defenses
Enemies: None (if you do this quickly)
As soon as you enter Columbus Circle you can run up to the laptop to complete this objective before the enemies spawn. If enemies attack you then use survivor link to mitigate damage while you are using the laptop.
Objective 3: Plug in the fuses
Picking up, carrying, and placing fuses will be the your most vulnerable moments in this encounter so these are good times to use survivor link. Allow a person with high toughness to carry the fuse. When you are carrying a fuse you can activate survivor link and walk backwards and diagonal to increase your movement speed (this is likely a bug). Have teammates shoot their First Aid ability on the ground in front of the fuse carrier as needed for healing. You will probably need to drop the fuse at some point to hide and recover health. Dodge artillery! You may need to drop the fuse to dodge artillery at times. Prepare for a wave of shotgun enemies after clearing this objective.
Objective 4: Use the ADS to Deactivate the Helicopter’s Defenses
Another trip to the laptop - use survivor links as needed for safety. Teammates can shoot their First Aid at the laptop if you don’t have survivor link available.
Objective 5: Eliminate the Leader
This boss has a shield so positioning two players in front and two players in back of the boss ensures that at least two people on your team are always dealing good damage to the boss. Shoot the weak spot on his back.
Objective 6: Eliminate the Remaining Hostiles
After the boss dies you must kill any remaining hostile enemies to complete the mission and get your rewards.
Back To Incursion Guides